Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Only a Childhood Dream

"When I was young, I dreamed my life would be spent with a certain someone, I'd be doing something else, and I'd be someplace else. Thank God they were only dreams and that He is the One who sets my path. He is the One who called the steps of my life to be, because I am His. Thank God that His plan is perfect and His ways are far better than any of my childhood dreams. Thank God that He has placed my feet right where they are today, right where I am supposed to be! I love my life! Without Him (God) in my life, I don't know where I'd be today. Thank You God for always keeping me surrounded in your loving arms. Amen"

......I posted this the other day on facebook because I had some serious thinking going on. I had recently re-connected with and old friend and the memories were spinning in my mind, so much so that they led me to grade school!

When I was in the 3rd grade I noticed my Mr. Right for the first time. James was the boy of my dreams. I imagined I'd be his wife one day and that we'd have six children, we'd live in a big house and live happily ever after; just like in my favorite television show at the time, The Brady Bunch! James didn't even know I existed! I remember on Valentine's Day one year, I gave him at least a dozen cards! I saw him tear one of them up right in front of me, I was terribly heartbroken! But that didn't stop me, this dream went all the way through grade school and then he was gone, or so I thought. One day after we both graduated our attended High Schools, he came into the store where I worked. As soon as I saw him, my heart fluttered. When he came through my register, I could barely think, let alone talk to him! And then, he was gone; never to be seen again!

Needless to say, I did not marry the James from my grade school years, I do not live in a big house (like the one on The Brady Bunch) and I do not have a six children! Rather, I married another James, the love of my life. We live at the beach, in a cozy little beach house, have five children, and are extremely happy!

I am so thankful God knew what was best for me; and that He is the One that has set my path in place. I'm thankful, that when I was a rebellious teen, He kept His hand firmly on my shoulder. I'm thankful, that as a young adult and wife of my first husband, He kept me safely under His wing.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

It took many heartaches to get to where I am today. I have not always lived in His will for my life. For many years I'd been lonely, searching, unhappy, but finally, at the age of 23, I'd had enough. I totally surrendered my life and soul to God, and that is when life began to turn for the better. With still a few heartaches in my future, I pressed on and He brought me where I am today. I can't thank Him enough. To Him I give all my praise!
Let's talk,

No comments: