Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Do You Need Refreshing?

I've made a vow to read the New Testament in a year, along with the Books of Psalms and Proverbs. It seems my days get busy and before I can blink an eye, the day is through. Have you ever wondered what your life would be like if God got so busy and forgot to check in on you, and your loved ones? If He was too busy to make sure all was okay? What if you put your baby to bed, and forgot to check on him for 24, 36 or even 48 hours? If we fail to check God's Word for direction; if we fail to call on Him for help during our busy days, what do you think would eventually happen? I can only imagine what my life would be like, and where I would end up if I didn't trust and rely on God to help me make it through. 30 years ago, I was too busy, and too distracted to realize I needed a Savior. It's not that I didn't know anything about Him. I was raised in a Catholic home, even attended Catholic school for 8 years. I knew He was the Son of God, I knew He died for me, and I knew about His many miracles. As I reached adulthood, I didn't see the need for Religious things. I didn't have time for church; I didn't even own a Bible. I was married, and enjoying my life. Every weekend involved partying, dancing and friends (at least I thought they were my friends), and much of what goes along with the lifestyle. Deep inside, I always believed there was more to life than what I had. My lonely heart began to wander and soon ended up entwined in the lies of this world. Little did I know, all along, Jesus was on watch for my soul. He kept me safe and one day, lifted me out of the nasty pit. He changed my way of thinking. He set my heart and mind on what was Real, what is True. He brought me to the place of refreshing, a new place of peace, joy and love, His love. Acts 3:19 it states "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord." Do you need a refreshing deep down in your soul? Do you need rest from the hustle and bustle of your busy life? Deep down do you long for something more, something real, something true? In Matthew 7:7 Jesus said, "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." It's that simple. If you want a life that is full of His peace, full of His joy, Full of His love, just ask. He is waiting for you to ask. His desire is for you to surrender your busy mixed up life, and allow Him to be your Savior! What are you waiting for? You don't have to go through another heartache, at least not alone. Let's talk.

No comments: