Monday, June 8, 2020

Just Rest



Our lives can become so busy, so cluttered, we forget about what is most important. Constantly we are being pulled in many directions, we barely have time to breathe. Suddenly chaos and frustration creep in and it becomes our new "normal". The older I get the less stress and the more peace I need. I find myself tired, weary and in need of rest. Sure I know that comes with age, so they say, but I have never been one to sit still.
God's example to us all in Genesis 2:2 is this, "so on the seventh day he rested from all his work". Even God rested!
Why is it so hard for us to find time to just be still? Why do we feel guilty if we take a "quiet moment" for ourselves?
Jesus said, "Come unto me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest".
He didn't say sit down an rest! He didn't say stop your world. He said "Come and I will give you rest." He knows that unless I'm forced, I won't stop, until it's too late and I am forced to.
So he beacons. He calls. He reaches out his hand. When we are unable to rest in ourselves, we can rest in him.
I urge you and me, to come, to be still, to rest. Take his hand. Sit at his feet. Call his name. Say it with me, "Jesus". He is waiting to hear your voice, to answer your call, and to give you rest. ~Let's Talk

No comments: