Monday, August 11, 2008

As for me and my house





What a busy weekend! I can’t believe it is
Already over! Friday, my day off, I met with two of my wonderful Christian
Lady friends, my “blessing girls” had coffee and a good 2 ½ hours of fellowship. Then off to get my hair colored cut and eyebrows waxed with my lovely friend Laurie at Judy’s place. From there I went to see my Mother-in-law who had been going through some trying times over the past week. Afterwards shopped at CVS for a couple of needed items, then to dinner with our lovely daughter and son-in-law and finally home to rest. Why is it that my days off are busier than my workdays? Not to say I didn't have a great day. Fortunately, this one was one of my less stressful, fun days!
But thankfully I did take time to study and dig into God’s Word. I cannot be without it! It is the very breath I breathe, the food that I need to live this life.
Over the 2 day weekend Jim and I worked on our property digging holes and setting pole for a fence line. Not to brag but we again did find time to go to church and serve the Lord. He is faithful to us and we must be faithful to Him. Our God is mighty to save and believe me if He was able to save me, He has to be pretty strong and mighty!
Scripture says: “…But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15;
and that is a promise Jim and I have made to our Father in Heaven and it is one we intend to keep!

1 comment:

Nita said...

Sorry you guys can't make it-but, anytime you want to go out to dinner, just call-257-0570 or 385-8585......love this website!