Thursday, January 28, 2010

He's not finished with me yet

Every day I get excited when I find yet another thing that God is working on in me. Maybe it's my temper-that needs to be lowered a degree or two, maybe it's my lack of trust in Him evidenced through worry and fear-that needs to be raised a bit, maybe it's my overall disposition of being dis-content with where I am at this stage of my life-(now that is a greater task)that needs readjusting, or any of the many other faults I bear. Two things I am certain of is this, I cannot change these things on my own, and He is faithful!
I didn't acquire these misdemeanors overnight. Circumstances and time enveloped them into my being. So then why do I expect so much of myself? His word tells me that HE is ABLE to complete that which He has begun in me. He looks at me and sees the completed project, I see me in the now. What a reassurance: He's not finished with me yet!
Philippians 1:6 (KJV)
"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"

Let's talk.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It has taken many misgivings during my life to teach me that each experience is a learning experience from God. And He has already forgiven the transgression and so should we. Don't be to hard on yourself. You rock!