Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Blessed Woman

 25 years ago, I wore the dress. I think my body has changed, just  a little. And yes, I have to admit, I couldn’t get the back zipped. Enough of those useless statements. 😞

25 years ago, I married a man who loved me just as I am. He overlooked all my faults and failures and loved me unconditionally. I didn’t deserve that kind of love, yet God saw that it was good and brought us together. During the hardest times, he kept us strong, strong for each other. I’m not writing this for pity. I’m writing this because once in a lifetime,  dreams can come true. I married a man who was selfless. He married me with 4 young children. He gave all he could to us, even until the end. I’m not sad and balling here today (but I’d be lying if I told you I’m overjoyed). I’m reminiscing on the good love that we had together. It was far from perfect, because we were/are not perfect. We had difficult times just like most marriages/relationships, but we endured. We chose not to let those times tear us apart (believe me they tried). What I’m trying to say is, I am one blessed woman. Blessed to have been able to share life with such an amazing man. Will I ever meet another Jim? Probably not. But that doesn’t mean I won’t meet someone just as wonderful. They are out there. For many, unfortunately they never meet another love of their life. Should God desire a new love  for me (and Brandon), I am willing. But if not, I will learn to be content. After all, He is in control of my life, not me. I surrender all. ❤️


No comments: