Friday, July 25, 2008

Man-fish?

In the book of Matthew chapter 4 verse 19 Jesus said; "Follow me and I will make you fisher's of men."

Have you ever thought about that statement? Could you imagine casting your line and pulling up the biggest man-fish you've ever seen? What would you do with it, or him or her? Would you keep it or throw it back? I thank God the day he realed me in, He did not throw me back and neither will He you, when it's your day. We know the famous question: "What Would Jesus Do" right? Then why is it that when we find man-fish in our path that we just throw them away? Are we not to love and care for them as Christ does for us? We are all called to share the great news of our Lord and Savior. We are all called to be Christ's living examples. Then why are we not fulfilling our calling? What are we afraid of?
Philippians 4 verse 13 declares: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." "For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind." II Timothy 4 verse 7
No excuses, no fears, just do it.

No comments: