Sunday, July 6, 2008

Take care of your heart


This is the July 4th , 2008 sunrise on Vilano Beach, accompanied by a couple of my sweethearts (our oldest son, Alan and his significant:Kristen). Jim and I spent 3 nights with 3 of our children and their sweeties, as well as with my nearly life-long best friends Bethann and Randy and what a blessing the weekend was. I love my family and friends.
I know without a doubt every time I step foot on the shores Vilano Beach and watch the beautiful sunrise I am loved by my Creator!
The weather was absolutely beautiful! The Sun shined the whole time with no rain in sight (unlike what we've been experienceing in Highlands County lately). We need the rain, don't get me wrong but we also need the Sun and God so graciously provides both. What an amazing God He is!
Sometimes we get so busy that we fail to spend time with those we love. We work, live and do whatever this life brings that we become unaware of the heart cries of those around us. I thnk for the most part our family is good but I'm certain due to past experiences there are things on our minds that we don't discuss; unanswered questions, feelings; buried deep down in the depths of our hearts. Maybe we don't because we are afraid to bring them up or maybe because we are embarrassed by our past mistakes. As parents and friends, sons and daughters, we must, rather than allow them to eat at our soul, release the hurts and move on.
"Time is short~ Live long". In that I mean take time to unload so that your heart does not become too heavy therefore causing unnecessary stress disorders. Do what it takes to take care of your heart; your physical and spiritual one. You may not get another chance.
In John 14:1 Jesus said: "Do not let your heart be troubled, believe in God; believe also in Me."

No comments: