Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Let us rejoice in which the Lord has made

“This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24

My friend Elsie came into the gym the other day with this scripture for me.
I love her; she always brings a good Word for me. She is a godly woman with much wisdom and is excited to share of His love whenever she has the opportunity. Her example is one we all should model. She loves and lives like Christ and is a great blessing to many.

As I pondered that scripture I realized that there are many days I don’t really feel that way. I know God gives us each day and I acknowledge that He blesses us with every breath we take but there are some days I just don’t feel like rejoicing (not many though). Maybe I wake up not feeling up to par or suddenly and unexpected bill pops up or maybe I have a disagreement with my husband over something really insignificant. Considering any one of those circumstances, does that give me the right to grumble? Because life is handing me lemons does that give me the right to express a sour puss? Ever heard the phrase “when life gives you lemons (add sugar and) make lemonade”? Everyone loves good lemonade right? Then why do we struggle when it comes to making sweet our circumstances? Do we not know who is in control? Have we forgotten who owns the cattle on a thousand hills?

Life can be very hard and circumstances nearly unbearable in our eyes but believers are not to worry. Instead of trying to solve every problem or fix every mistake, we are to humbly bow before our Maker and ask for help. We are to trust that He knows what’s best for us and that He will work everything out according to His plan.

I Peter 5:6-7 states: “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” NKJV

Jesus said in John 16:33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.’”

Over and over God’s Word boasts of God’s promises to His children. The Bible is full of hope for a bright future and a new beginning. Unfortunately, not many stop to read this treasure book. We fail to take the time to really study what the Bible says about our everyday circumstances.

II Timothy 3:16 states: “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” NKJV

If we learn to seek God’s Word for help in our circumstances and learn to turn to Him who is the author and finisher of our faith; if we learn to trust the One who is able to give us all we need to carry out this life; then this life won’t seem so difficult after all. And if that be the case then we truly will have no problem believing the opening scripture that states: “This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.”
Let’s talk.
Terri can be reached at www.terris-faiththoughts.blogspot.com

No comments: