Sunday, June 29, 2008

He made eternity with you in mind

We had a busy but nice day today. Went to my brothers house to see my nephew who is now 21 and my other nephew 2 and his sister 1 along with the rest of the clan. Then headed to mom's for her surprise birthday party. Afterwards we went to see Gramma at the nursing home and then headed to church. A great family day proving how blessed we truly are to have not only blood family but church family as well.
Truly God has placed us "here" for this season in time. Sometimes we feel a need to make changes in our lives but only God is the one that can make those changes happen. A year and a half ago we thought we were heading to Northern Florida but God had other plans. I am thankful we have ears to hear His voice. Jesus said in John 10:27: "My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow Me."
If you are a member of the flock of Christ, you will know Him personally. In order to hear His voice we must know Him intimately. In life we get to know a person or persons intimately by spending time with them. By sitting around dinner tables (something many families fail to do these days), sharing a cup of coffee or a long conversation or by just being together. Likewise with Christ. While we may not physicaly touch Him we have the ability to touch His heart spiritually. He longs for us and we if we are His children will long for Him as well.
He misses us when our lives become too busy just as we miss our family and friends when we haven't seen them in a while. I encourage you today to make time for God, He deserves it and you need it. After all He made eternity with you (and me) in mind.

No comments: