Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A New Way to Look at a Deck of Cards

I got this from a friend the other day and thought I'd pass it on. Enjoy!

A New way to look at a Deck of Cards.

It was quiet that day, the guns and the mortars, and land mines for some reason hadn’t been heard.
The young soldier knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week.
As he was sitting there, he found an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk.
Just then an army sergeant came in and said, ‘Why aren’t you with the rest of the platoon?’
The soldier replied, ‘I thought I would stay behind and spend some time with the Lord.’
The sergeant said, ‘Looks to me like you’re going to play cards.’
The soldier said, ‘No sir. I’ve decided to talk to the Lord by studying this deck of cards.’
The sergeant asked in disbelief, ‘How will you do that?’
‘You see the Ace, Sergeant? It reminds me that there is only one God.
The Two represents the two parts of the Bible, The Old and New Testaments.
The Three represents the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
The Four stands for the four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
The Five is for the five virgins, there were ten but only five of them were prepared.
The Six is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and the Earth.
The Seven is for on the seventh day God rested after making His Creation.
The Eights is for the family of Noah: Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives—the eight people God spared from the flood that destroyed the earth.
The Nine is for the nine ungrateful lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy, He cleansed ten but only one thanked Him.
The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on tablets made of stone.
The Jack is a reminder of Satan, one of God’s first angels. He got kicked out of Heaven for his sly, wicked ways and now is the Joker of eternal Hell.
The Queen stands for the Virgin Mary, Jesus’ mother.
The King stands for Jesus, for He is the King of all kings!
When I count the Dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total; one for every day of the year.
The four Suits represent the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.
Each Suit has thirteen cards—there are exactly 13 weeks in a quarter.
So, when I talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all I have to be thankful for.
The sergeant just stood there. After a minute with tears in his eyes and pain in his heart, he said, ‘Soldier, can I borrow the deck of cards?’

*Please let this be a reminder and take time to pray for all of our soldiers who are being sent away, putting their lives on the line; fighting for our freedom! Of all the gifts you could give a Soldier, prayer is the most important!

Prayer for the Military
“Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them. Bless them and their families.
I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen”
God Bless America, and God Bless Our Troops!

No comments: