Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Mother's Memories Last Forever

I Remember
My 1st pregnancy
Always hungry
I gained 25 lbs.
Still, I felt more beautiful
Than any other time in my life
The thought of that little one
Growing inside me
Kicking and rolling
Sucking his thumb
Filled my live with joy
I never knew such emotion
Until
The day I gave birth

The feeling was amazing
That day
As I felt my child’s arrival
Seeing him for the 1st time
Took my breath away
One of the best days of my life
Was the first day I gave birth
As was every delivery day thereafter
All pain and discomfort
Was quickly forgotten
As I heard our precious ones cries
What a great miracle
Our Creator God has done


Watching our children grow
Each in their own way
Has been a blessing
I’ll cherish forever
Little toddlers with arms stretched out
Begging for mommy’s attention
Wet slobbery kisses
Waiting to be shared
Cries of discontent
Coos of joy
All end too soon

Mommy’s make-up
Daddy’s shoes
Storybooks and finger paints
Baby dolls and Army men
Ring around the Rosy
The many games
Children play
Here today
Gone tomorrow

Cherish every moment
Hold on to each one
Cause all too quickly
They grow up
While they never leave
Their mother’s heart
One day they will
Go their own way
It’s in the plan
As time plays its role
Remember
They may leave your home
But they remain
In your heart
Forever
Written by Terri Otterman, 08/08

No comments: