Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My desire; a pure heart

Ps 119:35-37 Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word. NIV Phil 2:3-43 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. NIV 
How often do we do we hurt others in an attempt to find true happiness? Lord I pray forgiveness for the many times I've pursued my own selfish desires causing others hearts to break. My desire is for a pure heart, one that is always turned toward You! 
 Ps 51:10-12 Create in me a pure heart , O God,  renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. NIV

No comments: