Friday, February 25, 2022

 This is the year 

Wow, this is the year, the one in which I turn 62!  I can't believe I've made it this far. Not that I ever doubted I would, it's just that so many friends, family members, and co-workers over the years have passed on to their final destiny. They say only the good die young. Well, I guess I must still need time to become my best.

Maybe another way to look at my still being here is one that, I must have more to do, more people to reach, more life to live, and more love to share. I'm okay with that. I just pray, that with the world as it is today, I can remain strong and be the woman I am supposed to be. I pray that I can love with the love that is the truth, the one that knows no hatred, knows no color, and sees only the good in others. As difficult as it seems, I know with Christ, I can do all things.

Each day is an opportunity to share, and receive love. Every moment is an opportunity to be better than you were yesterday. 

John 13:34 says: "A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

Ephesians 4:2 says: "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

When you love one another , the evidence of that love shows in your all you do. Your words are more gentle.  you place the needs of the one you love above your own. The way you look at them and hug  them is evidence of that fact.

My husband was that kind of person. My sisters and friends would always point out how they could see how much he loved me through his actions. and the way he treated me. I can only hope I treated him just as well, most of the time.

Let's face it, we are not perfect humans. We all fall short at times. But it's up to us, even as we age, to be better to one another than we were before. After all, that is  real love.

"Remember what used to be, but cling to what is to come. We all have a destiny, we all have a journey, make yours count."

Let's talk,




No comments: