Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Live as Though You are Dying

Today I learned of the deaths of 3 people who I considered my friends. The first was Carol, the second Donna and the third Chuck. It seems no matter which way we turn lately, someone is leaving. Some we know are headed to a far better place, others we wonder. It's not for us to judge, but it certainly causes us to take a good look at our own lives.
I am a firm believer that now more than ever, we must take time with each other and do the things that are most important. All too quickly our biological clocks can stop ticking and our time on earth through. We must make the best of every moment.
I'm not afraid of dying, I'm just not ready to go yet. I want to see my grandchildren. I would like to grow old with my husband.
As I spent last week in the hospital with Gramma, I was reminded just how fragile life is. Likewise, that the Bible says our days are numbered and our time is set. It's inevitable, we are all going to die; we just don't know when. The truth is we are like a vapor, here today, and gone tomorrow.
Why not live life to the fullest? Why not live as though you are dying?

1 comment:

The Jackson Five said...

Terri,
I love all of your posts, they are beautiful! Have you heard anything from your son? You have been on my mind and in my prayers.
Love, Danielle Jackson