Friday, September 26, 2008

My Forever Friend

At 94 years old Gramma has had her share of sick bouts. This week she landed in the hospital for three days; but thankfully she is okay and back home again.
She is beautiful to me all 85 pounds of her. I love to sit and converse about old times and what once was. I love reminiscing about our life on the farm, as we call it. I remember the many coffee breaks, and dinners. I remember the time she taxied me to the hospital when I was in labor with Phil. I remember her always being there for us when we needed her. I have been truly blessed to have known her for the past 30 years and would be even more blessed to know her another 30. Sometimes I worry that she doesn't have much time left. I try to spend every moment possible with her, but with a busy schedule it's hard. The best I can do is cherish every moment and make each one special for her. I love to hear her laugh and talk of "the best times of her life" as she puts it. I thank God He brought her into my life many years ago. I thank Him also that He has allowed her to remain my friend, even though the ties that brought us together have been severed.
"A friend loveth at all times." Proverbs 17:17
Truly gramma has proven that she's my forever friend!

No comments: