Sunday, May 4, 2008

I can do all things

Wow what a weekend! Friday night we celebrated Matt and Julie's Wedding, How beautiful it was and exciting! Little Matthew that many of us knew through Youth for Christ is now a married man! That energetic young teenager who loves Jesus! It's incredible.
Last night and today Ashley led our church services in Matthew's absence and what an awesome job Ash and the Praise team did. He is truly annointed and I know without a doubt that God is going to use him mightily in many ways.
Well today after churh we went to visit gramma. She is a very feeble 94 year old and losing weight it seems, as we speak. She is so fragile a sesitive reminder of how we all will be one day, Lord willing. Also, it is humbling to see her knowing that at any minute our lives can be reversed and we could be the one lying on the bed weak and unable to move at times. My encouragement to us all is cherish each day and live life to the fullest with God in the center and His will a prioroty.
Which brings me to tell you that I have been faithfully attacking my treadmill and the pavement. I realize how much older I am becoming and how important it is to take care of this temple God has given me. A whole hour today! Wow, I am proud of myself!
I know quite well that just as it is important to take care of our physical bodies it is equally important to feed and care for our spiritual. By reading God's Word and communing with Him on a daily basis, I can accomplish that goal as well. With His strength guiding me, I can do all things, especially when I place Him as top-priority on my list.

1 comment:

created2worship said...

I am on my blog right now also! I did 45 min and some weights today, keep up the good work! Sam bought the biggest loser cookbook and we made the curry chicken pitas, we have both made a commitment to eat healthier. There are great recipes in it that book.