Sunday, May 25, 2008

In my own little corner

"In my own little corner, in my own little room I can be whatever I want to be."
I think those are the words to the famous Cinderella song at least that's how I remember them.

Have you ever dreamt of being something you know is totally absurd or out of line for you? Have you ever desired a thing that would affect your life in a tremendous way and then quickly erased the thought because it seemed too far fetched?

The Bible states that He (meaning God) gives us the desires of our hearts when we live a life that is totally focused and honoring Him. Actually,
Psalm 37 verse 4 reads this way in the Amplified version: "Delight yourself also in the Lord and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart."
I looked up the word delight in the trusty Webster's dictionary and this is what it says: a high degree of gratification; something that gives you great pleasure; to give keen enjoyment; to give joy or satisfaction to.
So, if I give great joy to my Lord, He will grant my deepest longings right? Not so fast. As long as, at least I believe it is in line with His Word and not some off the wall evil selfish notion. Okay now that we got that cleared up, what does it mean to give great joy to God? If I disobey His commands, does that mean I am making Him happy? Or if I do all that He requires of me, then will I satisfy Him?
What God wants more than anything from us is not only our strictest obedience of His laws but also and maybe even more than obedience, a relationship with Him. He desires intimacy with each of us and that is big in itself. In order to be intimate with Him we must get to know Him. In getting to know Him we must spend time with Him. As we spend time with Him through talking or praying to Him, by reading and studying His Word, bu trusting Him tomeet all our needs and fully surrenderingour will to Him, we can't help but get to know Him . All these bring us into a closer relationship with Him.
In order to maintain a healthy relationship with our spouse or significant other we must take time for them and show them that we care about them. We must do sweet things for them that make themhappy and let them know they are on our mind throughout the day. The same goes for Christ. In doing these things, we delight not only our spouse but god as well.
Why not make the choice today to delight in your God and see what blessigs flow. Maybe just maybe that desire you've been carrying deep down in your heart may become your reality after all (of course if the right motives are in tact).

No comments: