Saturday, April 5, 2008

Another day nears it's end and my house is sparklin

I can't believe how fast time flies, especially when I'm not having fun! I spent the day cleaning house which is not one of my favorite things to do! I despise housework! But now I can sit back and smell the fresh air and see myself in the shiny floors. There are no dirty dishes in the sink and the tubs are glistening. I love my clean house!
Saying all that, I am reminded of the story of Martha and Mary. Jesus was coming to visit and when He arrived Mary sat at His feet and Martha spent all the time cooking and cleaning. Have you ever been tired during guest visits because you worked so hard to get everything just perfect before they arrived? And then while they were there you kept busy making things even more perfect you were unable to enjoy their visit?
Jesus went to visit at Martha and mary's house one day and while he was there, Martha complained to Jesus because Mary wasn't helping her. Jesus told Martha; "Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful; and Mary has chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." KJV
What Jesus was telling her was that Mary has decided that spending time with Him (Jesus) was more important than keeping house and cooking. This is not a ticket to get out of housework ladies but it is a reminder that our relationship with our Savior should take presedence over our chores and everything else. He desires a relationship with us that no one else can have. He is a jealous God and He wants to be #1 in our lives. That's not too much to ask from the One who died so we could live is it?

No comments: