Monday, April 7, 2008

Weddding Bells are soon to be ringing

In one week we will be on the shores of Jamaica to witness the marriage between our daughter and our future son-in-law. Wow! I can't believe it is upon us. Last night we had a dinner party with all of our children to celebrate the soon to be bride and groom. It's amazing how fast time flies. It seems only yesterday I gave birth to our girl and now she is soon to change her name.
I remember vividly the day I changed my name from sinner to believer. I still remember the heavy load that was lifted off of my shoulders and the wings in which my Savior gave me to fly. Like it was yesterday I can still see the church, the altar and the tissue box. Oh how grateful I am for the scripture of 2Corinthians 5:17 that rejoices; "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, behold all things have become new." I became a new creation that night on God's altar. My old life was gone and God made and continues to make all things new in my life.
Our daughter is soon to change her name. She is going to replace it with the name of her future spouse. They soon will become one flesh and begin a new life together. The old past will be forgotten and they will press on to a new future. Praise God! What a joyous reason for celebrating!

No comments: