Friday, April 18, 2008

He picks me up when I fall

First off, I must say Marissa is the most beautiful bride I have ever seen and likewise, Chris quite the handsome groom! And Jamaica!!!...Wow what a nice place. I am overly impressed with the people we met. What warmth and hospitable people reside in that country. Never have I been treated with such respect and dignity! These people were actually excited to serve me! They, I must say are better examples of Christ than I am at times. I was actually humbled by their affection, because I know the way they serve is not the way I serve! They served with BIG hearts and often I serve half heartedly. Often my attitude is not what it should be, my motives aren't always in line with God's and yes my mouth tells of the thousand reasons I fall short!
I say I love God, but do I? I say He is my King, but is He? I say I surrendered all, but have I?
Sadly, the answer to all of these on any given day might very well be no.
But I am reminded that even though my heart is deceitful, He loves me anyway. Even though I am selfish, He is unselfish. And no matter what I do, He forgives me. What an Awesome God!

Lord, Help me to serve You and others with a faithful heart! Help me to be a living example of Christ, just like the Jamaican folk I came to know this week. Forgive me Lord when I fail because I know that I will. And thank you Lord for always being there to pick me back up when I do! Amen

No comments: