Thursday, April 24, 2008

For What Cause Do You Worry?

Mathew in chapter 6:34 writes: "Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Isn't that the truth? Last night I could not sleep. My mind was going round and round about all the things coming up. I thought about the colleges I've been checking out trying to figure out what's next and how I can further my education. I was looking for new avenues for the second half of my career life. I was wondering if we were going to leave this area and whether our other children were going to marry their significant others. I thought of the latest news I received from our youngest son and so on and so on.
Maybe it was the green tea I drank, maybe it's the detox program we are on, I am not sure but what I do know is that today I am still sleepy. I don't like those nights that keep we rolling. I praise God that even though my nights at times are sleepless, He is my strength for the days to follow. He lifts my head and props my eyes open with His very own invisible toothpicks.
I love my Lord and when I find myself worrying about the future, He gentlhy nudges me and reminds me that He will be with me, no matter what. Knowing that for what cause do I have to worry?

1 comment:

created2worship said...

Terri,
Thank you for your entry today, it was a great reminder of how faithful He is. I was reading Psalm 27 this morning and singing the old song "I will bless the Lord" from Hillsongs. "Though war may rise against me, on this I will be sure, that I will bless the Lord forever, I'll bless His holy name" That is the one thing that the enemy will never steal from me! My Praise!