Saturday, April 19, 2008

Rockin' The Narrow Road

Lately it seems my life has been rocked in more ways than I desire. Turning to the left or to the right only leads to another reason to be broken and humbled.
The Bible says "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matt. 7:13-14
Have you ever gone through a time in your life when it seemed no matter which way you turned or what road you went down, disaster seemed to be there? Have you ever felt like the lone ranger in the desert with no water in sight? Have you ever felt that your prayers were going unanswered and you didn't understand why?
You're not alone. that is where I have been lately. But I know that no matter what I am facing, even though I can't see the end result, the light is waiting for me on the other side. When the going gets tough the tough turn to Jesus! But what happens when the turning is evident but nothing seems to be changing? What happens when it seems that taking the wide road would be easier than the road you are on? What advice do I have for you the one who is facing difficult times and you want to give up?
Just keep turning your eyes to Jesus, something is bound to happen, something will change.
"But it's not easy," you say, this is true but the harder life gets the stronger we become when we endure in the name of Jesus. Remain faithful, remain focused and by all means remain. that's the best advice I have.

No comments: