Sunday, April 20, 2008

The One who created me is the very One

It's hard to believe our youngest son is turning 19 tomorrow and if that isn't enough this past Monday our daughter got married! Where has all the time gone?
Last night we were blessed to experience The Story of Jesus one more time. This is the local Passion Play of Christ and what a fabulous redition! Just before Jesus was to be picked up He and His disciples went to Gethsemane to pray and await His arrest. He asked His friends to please pray with Him. Jesus was extremely anxious because He knew what was about to take place. As He prayed in His quiet area He hoped that His friends were doing the same but to his dismay they were asleep. Their eyes were so heavy they couldn't keep them opened and their Master's time was almost up.
Are you going through life with your eyes closed? Maybe you had heavy eyes ? Has time flown so fast you failed to see it slip away? The truth is once the time has passed you can't get it back. It is vital that we make the best of every moment we have because we are not promised tomorrow.
Jesus said why worry about tomorrow, today has enough worries of its own (paraphrased byme). How many times do we worry about the things we have no control over?
Jesus actually asked His Father to take the cup from Him but in the same breath Jesus said not My (Jesus') will but God's be done. Thank God Jesus didn't run away from His circumstance.
We all go through things for a reason. Sometimes we don't understand our circumstances and our thoughts are to run from them but if we just wait on God and trust in Him everything will turn out alright, just as it did for Christ. We may still have to deal with our troubles but there is a calm at the end of the storm.
As time is moving on I can't help but realize that I truly am getting older and that bothers me a bit. Not that I am afraid of reaching a ripe age but because I am not ready to leave this life. I am having so much fun and I believe there is much more for me to do. I am fully aware that my life is not my own and that His plan is going to be fulfilled no matter what I say or do but I haven't had grandbabies yet! I know the Bible states that God directs my path and that my days are numbered but I'm just not ready for my final act just yet! To my knowledge, I am very healthy so don't get any ideas, I'm just saying, I am not in control. The One who created me is the very one that will place me in the grave; in His time. What a humbling thought.

No comments: