Thursday, February 7, 2008

Get out the Q-tips

1) - Some days I feel like my life is so full of chaos that I can’t hear my own heart beat. I wonder if what is going on inside the depths of my being is really what God is pleased with. I am a Christian, I attend church regularly, read my Bible daily and share the”God News” with many but there are days I feel overburdened, confused and lost. My hours are filled with mommy do lists, household chores, running here and there and very little quiet time with my Savoir. We are told that Christ stands at the door knocking but why then do we not hear His beaconing? What is it about our daily routines that keep us from opening the door? Are we living selfishly and don’t want to give up our time? Are we overburdened with the things of this world that we have no eye for the very One who created it? Revelation 3:20 states: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.” What an invitation! With that kind if promise why would we not get out the Q-Tips and start planning the meal!

No comments: