Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Let the spinning begin

Wow, I can't believe it's been three days since I've last written. Somedays it seems I hardly have time to breathe let alone get on the computer. First things first and the rest will fall into place.

This week God has been speaking to me regarding my priorities and the things that are most important. We all know the passage in Matthew chapter 6 verse 33 that reads: "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." Verse 34 goes on to say "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own."

Can I attest to these truths! The more I seek God's face through His Word, communion with Him and fellowship with other believers, the closer I get to Him. The more my selfish ways become crucified and replaced with His character, the greater blessings I receive as a believer. Thus my walk with Him becomes stronger and my light shines brighter. Who wouldn't want that?

As I go into each day with an open mind and heart to the things of God, the more He is faithful to show me His ways. Does that mean I always know what He is going to do? No, it just means that He will, in His timing, show me only the things He wants me to see and place in my path only those He directs my way. I must be able though to see Him move and hear His voice. On any given day He may say " Terri, take the day off" and on another He may say, "Pull on your boots, today's water is going to be deep."

Either way He directs, I am satisfied. Whatever my God has for me, I am willing to do. I may not always be ready and able but that is where He comes in. He is the only One that can prepare me for the task. Without Him I can do nothing He requires of me. I need the Potter to place me on His wheel and mold me into the servant He wants me to be. My words to Him are. "Let the spinning begin!"

No comments: