Friday, February 15, 2008

Sitting in the coffee shop

We"re sitting in the Mystic Bean Coffee shop in Downtown St. Augustine. I figured it would be just like any other coffee bar I've been to but in fact it wasn't. It's more like a mini sandwich joint with Mediterranean dishes such at gyros, pizza and spinach pies. On the sign outside I noticed they had something called Hookahs and I was intrigued by what they were. So, ignorantly I asked and found they really had nothing to do with food or coffee at all. How interesting. I found that the owner is from Turkey and they use these Hookahs to smoke their favorit tobacco.
Reminds me of my grandfather and his pipe smoking days. I loved the smell as a little girl. It is a warm memory of my grandfather one that I will cherish forever.
So often we have people that are part of our lives and then they leave for some reason or another. Maybe they pass on or move away. The Bible says that once we become His, He will never leave us or forsake us. Likewise, He will never allow anything to pluck us out of His hand. What a reassuring promise for the Believer. If you are going through something difficult right now, remember God promises to see you through. He will stay right there with you till the end.

No comments: