Monday, February 18, 2008

One thing I'll never lose

You never know what you have until it's gone. i used my blender the other day to puree the pea halves in the soup I was making. I remember clearly putting it back on the counter after I was through. Yesterday, when i got home from our trip to St. Augustine I immediately noticed it was gone. Where did it go? Did it suddenly grow legs and walk away? I aslked our son if he had any idea where it was but he said he didn't. He said he was barely home while we were gone and did not eat much while we were away. I believe him but that still leaves the unanswered question, hwere is my blender? I may never find it and that is okay. It's just a thing and sometimes things get lost. Thank God there is one thing thast I am certain I will never lose and that is my Salvation.
The Bible says in the book of John chapter 10: "My sheep hear My voice and i know them and they follow Me, and I give eternal life to them and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father who had given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are One."
I'm often asked the question does that mean you can never lose your Salvation? My answer to that is this: God called me before I was ever born. He gave me a purpose in life and that purpose is to serve Him. I plan on serving Him for the rest of my life. Should I stray from my way with Him, He is faithful to bring me back. Therefore, nothing will be able to pluck me from His hand. "You are from God; little children, and you have overcome them; because greater is He that is in you, than he who is in the world." 1John 4:4

No comments: