Thursday, February 14, 2008

His ways are perfect

So many times our desires (no matter how strong they may be) are not what God wants for our lives. Often what we want though it seems like it would be a good thing, quite possibly would be a burden rather than a blessing.
In Isaiah 55:8-9 states: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."
I've been carrying this burning desire in my heart for about 7 years now and I just can't seem to shake it. I wonder at times if it is just a selfish desire or if it is one that God has planted in my heart for a reason unbeknownst to me. If it was something attainable on my own, I'd say it was probably just a selfish endeavor but it is not. Only by the grace and mercy of God can this thing come to pass. So I guess I'll wait. Wait on the One who is all-powerful. Wait on Him because there is nothing else I can do. And trust. Trust that He knows what's best and in His perfect time (if it is His will), it will come to pass, somehow. His ways are perfect and in His time He makes all things beautiful.

No comments: